Thursday, December 18, 2008

Working to Get Ahead

I work two jobs. A full time one and a part time one. It isn't so much the working two jobs that gets to me, although having less time with my bride does have its affects. What gets me is the schedule. Working all day, then going to another job at night, and then getting up the very next morning. My body and mind both get tired, although you would not tell it by the fact that I get home and try to go to sleep and my mind just steams on with thoughts.

The benefit is though, that it allows us to get ahead with bills. We have now set a plan that allows us to focus a good amount of our income on paying the credit card bills. This will hopefully allow us to then save money for future endeavors, like moving to KY or TN and buying a house. If only I would have fully realized the trouble one can get themselves in to by opening up a credit card. I was not a dumb guy, I understood that I would have to pay that back. I opened one and then car repairs and other necessities came along and I had to use the credit card. If I would have never opened it, then I would have had to find another way to pay for it or find a way to deal with it.

Why as Americans do we have the fantisy that we will magicaly by able to pay that credit bill in a month when we can not aford it at the time? What more, why do people think they need to live far beyond their means, when there are others who can not even afford to pay for their basic living needs? Have we made ourselves bloated with concepts of being better off then we need to be? Do you need a Hummer when a Kia will get you to the same places? Do you need the 5 bedroom house when you only have 3 people in the house? Do you need the big screen TV when you only watch TV once a month?

How can people ask or blame others for our economic position?

No comments:

Post a Comment