Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Politicain, Lobbyist, and a Stripper...Oh My!

"A man has a property in his opinions and the free communication of them." - James Madison

Did I get your attention from the title?

In life I have held many opinions. This I have been told and realize myself. I will be the first to admit that my opinions change over time and what some may categorize my behavior as "flip floppy", I justify them as free and open minded discovery. As if I were to know all the right answers the moment I was born, what would be the point in life.

Of course the thought of this topic has to lead me to the idea of politics. How often do we see the stoning of a political figure for changing their opinion on something? I would be the first to respect a person who changes their opinion when new information comes available. I just ask that one can present a logical flow of what is behind that change. By the way, a stripper shoving cash down your pants while meeting your carnal needs in the back of a lobbyist's limo, is not a logical cause behind change of opinions. Your thinking with the wrong head in that situation.

I will however, understand and respect if you can honestly admit and show justification for your change of mind. I for one have been there every day of my life. I consider that to be the goal of life, to discover new things and help form our view and understanding of life. People can look at me strangely when I change my mind, but that just means that I have not stopped searching for the answers. I was not meant to be someone who is given an opinion at an early stage and then stick with it with out continually reviewing the facts and searching for new information. I want to try everything, see everything, hear everything, and understand everything. Yes, I know that will never happen, but I will live my life trying and through that, I will be happy with my life.

Once again, thank you for listening to my ramblings and my attempt to be witty and logical in my words. If the are not smooth and refined, then I have succeeded, but the ramblings in my head are not smooth and refined. I leave you with this quote:

"A great many people mistake opinions for thought." - Herbert V. Prochnow


PS. Check out my friend's blog: www.fourfingerculture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment